7 morning rituals for a healthy mind:
Set up your morning for a positive fulfilling day.
If you do not have much time in the mornings on a working day try choosing 3 of the rituals, and shuffle them around through the week and explore which or may be all offer benefit to you. Enjoy.
1) When waking up in the morning roll on to your back and stretch through your body, wriggle your fingers and toes, rotate into your wrists and ankles and shake your arms and legs to wake up your energy. Then place palms on your abdomen and feel your breath rising and falling in your abdomen. Take three deep steady breaths, breath in slowly through the nose and breath out steadily out through the mouth.
2) Before getting out of bed ask your self what you feel grateful for saying softly and internally:
TODAY I FEEL GRATEFUL FOR...avoid your mind searching for the answer just wait and see what rises up after you repeat the words a few times.
3) Warm water and lemon or a herbal tea to cleanse and rehydrate: warm water with lemon or a herbal tea first thing in the morning is an excellent way to get your body going. The lemon will help get your digestive system ready for the coming meals, and makes the water tastier. You can add some honey to it as well if you want to cut down on some of the tartness.
4) 10 minute meditation:
The breath count technique: sit comfortably either in an upright chair or on the floor. Close your eyes and breath in through your nose for a count to 3 and breath out through your nose for a count to 5. When the 10 minutes is up before getting up and getting on with the day.
Repeat a positive affirmation beginning with:
Today I will be....placing a word or two after these words as an example it could be strong, confident, kind etc....
5) Healthy light breakfast admitting gluten and refined sugars to enable you to feel energised.
6) Take a Shower it wakes up the senses and leaves you feeling fresh for a new day.
7) Smile in the mirror for 30 seconds it helps to boost your self-esteem and lifts your mood, seeing a happier you reflecting back in the mirror. Try smiling at others through your day.